Wilt u per e-mail op de hoogte worden gehouden omtrent onze laatste aanbiedingen?
Honoring the legendary Roisin Dubh (BLACK ROSE)
Versatile classic rock amplifier
The Black Rose is the ultimate blend of SLO overdrive and vintage Plexi tone. The Black Rose shares the brutal force and endless sustain with the iconic American but with better dynamic response and less compression.
The Black Rose is 95% handwired. For some components, the best quality is only available for PCB mounting. Therefore approximately 5% is constructed of FR4 thick layer pcb.
Channel 1 The gain setting of 'clean channel' starts at splendidly sparkling and dynamically clean. Beyond one o’clock the clean morphs into a clean sound with sweetly organic edge of breakup. Around three o’clockvery gradually the sound changes into a sweet and subtle 3d-crunch. The sounds of channel 1 are best described as dynamic, three-dimensional, open and sparkling. It’s warm yet with good definition. Channel 1 reacts perfectly to fuzz and boost pedals plugged into the front.
Channel 2 ‘the crunch channel’ begins where channel 1 stops but with more compression. Before nine o’clock you’ll find some incredibly cool crunchy 60’s sounds. Turning up the gain knob a little further the sound will effortlessly change into an amazing compressed 80’s style crunch. When you turn beyond two o’clock you’ll be entering ‘overdrive territory’. The overdrive sounds are harmonically rich full and fat yet tasteful, organical and musical. The sound of channel 2 is characterized by natural compression, super tight bass (no mud!), tasty harmonics and unparalleled sustain. Whatever gain setting you'll choose, it will always give a killer sound that cuts through the mix with ease.
In addition, both channels respond excellent to the volume-pot of your guitar.
As a big bonus you will find a foot-switchable solo-boost on channel 2 with adjustable volume control. The solo-boost adds extra mid punch, sustain and volume so your solos will shine and cut through the mix easily.
True bypass effects loop (foot-switchable)
The effects loop is buffered by 12AU7 tube. Adding the 12AU7, for several reasons, is not the cheapest solution but the 12AU7 does this job best as it affects the original signal least. The effects loop’s volume knob enables you to amplify, attenuate or balance the signal. Last but not least: You can true-bypass the effects loop with the footswitch! Tech talk: True bypass is achieved by a double relay switch at the front- and back of the loop. When the loop is being bypassed the loop physically disappears from the signal path.
SVC -Seamless Volume Control- (Tube amp volume under control !)
As both channels have individual gain and master volume controls, it’s easy to find your sweet spot on each channel. In the power section you’ll find an extra ‘total’ volume control which enables you to balance both channels volume levels, perfect for playing 'live'. But there is another amazing and unique feature called SVC (Seamless Volume Control). The power section ‘total’ volume control is capable of producing 0,1 Watt bedroom levels yet retaining great tone. So from now on the power-soak is a thing of the past!
- 2 fully independent channels / 3 modes
- Channel 1-Mode 1 = 'Clean', Channel 1-Mode 2 = 'Crunch'
- Channel 2 = 'Crunch / Overdrive'
- SVC Volume boost (boosts channel 1 and 2)
- SVC - Seamless Volume Control: from 0,1 watt 'bed room' levels to 50 watt 'Rock Arena' levels (no tone loss at low volumes, no need for power-soak)
- Ultra wide gain range control on both channels for ultimate gain versatility
- True bypass effects loop
- Send-level-knob to attenuate or boost effects loop
- Manual Switch (ch1/ch2, effectsloop on/ true bypass, footswitch on/off)
- Footswitch (ch1/ch2, effects loop-on/true_bypass, SoloBoost on/off)
- Outputs 4, 8, 16 Ohm or 2x16, 2x8 Ohm
- Output: 50 Watts R.M.S.
- 2 x EL34 power tubes
- 6 x pre-amp tubes:
4 x 12AX7
1 x 5751
1 x 12AU7 (effects loop)
- Outputs 4, 8, 16 Ohm or 2x16, 2x8 Ohm
- Weight: approx. 24 kg
- Handsoldered / handwired in the Netherlands
by Kool & Elfring
- Handwired version MKII: Hybrid turretboard / printed circuit board
- PCB version MKIII: printed circuit board
- Handwired signal path
Finish & Construction:
- Handmade A to Z bij Kool & Elfring
- dimensions: H=30 cm W=69 cm D=30 cm
- 13 ply lightplex cabinet
- Finger joint corner construction
- Two leather handles for excelent grip
- High quality vinyl covering
- Nickel Plated Corners
- Tolex: 'Black Rose'